What is a Magnet Mask and Are They Safe


Dr. Brandt Magnetight Mask



I write this article today, not as a review, although I will give a review during this article, this comes after several email questions regarding specific minerals that are used in skincare.

As consumers, we should know that outside of generally accepted type ingredients, there are
no regulations for much of the cosmetic industry. I know I have also encouraged readers to make sure that they are looking at the ingredients labels as well. While there is certainly a public outcry for regulation, the cosmetic industry does try hard to regulate things themselves.

The industry does also knows that consumers are also wanting clean and green things as ingredients as much as possible. The cosmetic industry is certainly realizing that in order to be a successful brand, they not only have to keep their "tried and true" best sellers as well as introducing new and trending ideas and ingredients.

Magnetic Masks

Magnetic masks use this goopy and usually dark in color (black) cream that is spread onto the skin and then is removed with a tissue covered "magnet".

Iron powder is the ingredient that is most likely used. This mineral is ground into a powder form and then this version is made into a mask. While it is NOT a common cosmetic ingredient, it is a common ingredient in a magnetic mask.
thick black/gray mask cream

It is made gentle for most skin types and is formulated to lift away dirt and free radicals. This is perfect for people who have acne, wrinkles, and irritated skin.

How Does This Work

The magnet attracts the iron powder and works to unclog pores and pulls out impurities. Usually, there is some type of magnetic spatula that is used to remove the mask. The magnetic mask helps anyone that needs help with premature aging, wrinkling of the skin, and acne breakouts.

the magnet actually sticks to the bottom of the jar



The One I Use

This is the product I use. While I endorse this for my personal usage, I encourage you to make sure you read labels to make sure you can use it.   I use this only on the proverbial "T Zone" and nose.
One simply uses the spatula that comes with and smooth on a nice even coated layer of product, and then I leave it on for at least 5 minutes.

Then with a tissue, I cover the magnet and it glides right off the skin. Leaving my skin super soft and moisturized and my pores do look minimized.  This "magnetight" age defier mask I use contains peptides and black tourmaline to help skin and leave it firmer, smoother, and more radiant.  I can personally vouch for this I use it 1-2x per week, and I have moderate rosacea.


This is NOT an ad for this product, it is part of my personal beauty products, again this article was in response to the use of iron powder in our beauty products. While this product lists iron powder as its first ingredient, it is NOT in a powder form so this not something you can inhale. See my pictures below.

thick and not runny (a heavy cream)


Final Thoughts

The Dr. Brandt Magnetight Age-Defier mask consistently places number one in this category among its peers. It has won several awards, Beauty Choice #1 winner, and #1 Star Beauty Award.

It is quite costly at $75., but it lasts a very long time, and use coupons and incentives at your favorite beauty counter to help defray the costs. I give this tried and true product 5 stars ****



A great product


 If ever one is hesitant in using a specific product; just don't. Do please make sure you read labels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece