Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece







It's a very cold January day and not one glimpse of the sun is to be had. The ground is covered in snow and now there's even freezing drizzle/rain to add into making this a long winter's day. There's only one thing you can do is to bring warmth in, by way of flowers.

I have these two magnolia stems sitting right near me, One has three blooms on it and one has two. They feel bright and remind me of summer. Those warm days where the car windows are down and the Grateful Dead are playing Sugar Magnolia on the radio. And the only thing you can do is wave your arms out to feel the breeze while you're singing the song!

A lovely flower centerpiece will liven, brighten and warm my room.

So I gathered a  few things:

the two magnolia stems
Some dried green moss, that I use often, it truly makes me think of spring and summer with its very vibrant green and even brown sticks!

 2 very large bell-shaped dimpled glass containers, graduated in size the large one is (16" x 7 1/2) and the smaller one is ( 14 x 7) I got these a home wares demonstration about 10 years ago and I have used them for countless centerpieces and displays. They are large enough to make quite an impact no matter where they're placed.
I will add handfuls of the moss and place that on the bottoms of containers. This will help to fill the tall vases. Next, I will add the flowers. I never ever cut the stems!  Unless I am making something I am giving as a gift, or selling, I do not ever make anything permanent. So I will twist and bend the stems (it is annoying sometimes, but you never know what you'll want them for) to fit into the containers the way I'd like them to.

I actually bent them up so that the flower stem would stand them up as if they were on a stand.  I'll begin to insert the magnolia's using the smaller magnolia with the two blooms in the smaller vessel and turn and add moss in blank spots. I continue to fluff and fold the petals of the magnolia as I turn the glass vase. Because this is glass, all the way around it must look nice.
I continue the same way with the larger container and the three magnolia blooms, I continue to add the natural dried moss, and shift and bend the magnolias. I actually, in the end, didn't like how the magnolia leaves looked through the glass so I rolled and tucked them away for the most part.
I liked the woody texture of this moss and I featured it prominently in the middle as it looked like it needed a bit more filler than the other vase. These flowers stood a bit taller but were also skinnier. I continued to fold and tuck petals until I had the desired look I was after. All in all, it took more time to gather the supplies than to make the centerpiece. It adds a bit of whimsy, an air of spring or summer and all I can think of is the sheer happiness of the windows rolled down, your hair catching the wind and singing to the Grateful Dead's Sugar Magnolia!
How Beautiful!
Photo Credit: MaryCaliendoPhoto2019

Comments

  1. Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing
    such things, so I am going to tell her.
    I could not resist commenting. Very well written! I will immediately seize your rss feed as
    I can't to find your email subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you've any? Kindly allow me know in order that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks. http://foxnews.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you insert YOUR email address into the "follow by email" and you will recieve post direct to your email. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and
    it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post
    and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or
    suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read even more things about it! I couldn’t refrain from commenting.
    Perfectly written! It is the best time to make some plans for
    the long run and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to counsel you some interesting things or tips.
    Maybe you could write subsequent articles referring to this article.

    I wish to read even more issues approximately it! http://cspan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I'll
    bookmark your web site and take the feeds also...I am glad to search out a
    lot of helpful info right here in the put up, we'd like work out
    more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Through the years, the Linnean Society has received regular inquiries in regards to the flower clock
    and the right way to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am replying to you regarding the Linnean Society, I am planning on more natural and wildlife articles coming up for spring. This will pique your interests. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. It should automatically be in a phone format when you are on the phone viewing.I have no other suggestions. Blogspot immediately does this as the web host. Thank you for reading. Please leave your name and sign up for the web site with your email. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some genuinely interesting information, well written and broadly user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't resist commenting. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this article is good, my younger sister is analyzing such things,
    so I am going to let know her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the efforts you have put in this, thanks for all the great articles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy! I could habe sworn I've visited this site
    before but after lookig at many of the posts I realized it's new
    to me. Regardless, I'm definitely happy I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it and
    checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Please hit the subscribe button up above, it will comedirectly to your email box! ;)

      Delete
  11. I am really impressed along with your writing skills and also
    with the layout for your blog. Is that this a paid topic or
    did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it is rare to look a nice blog like this one today..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the free web host called blogspot you customize the template the way you'd like it. Thank you for your very nice compliments. Keep reading.

      Delete
  12. As the admin of this web site is working, no question very soon it will be well-known, due to its
    quality contents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I quite ⅼiÒ›e reading through an article that can make people think.
    Also, thanks for allοwing me to cߋmment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please hit the subscribe buttom up above as a follower! You'll never miss me then.

      Delete
  14. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared
    this site with us so I came to check it out. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm
    bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Outstanding blog and terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Did you know that you can become an email subscriber? Hit the button above and articles come to your email box! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  15. If some one wishes to be updated with most recent technologies afterward he must
    be go to see this site and be up to date everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello exceptional blog! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal
    of work? I've very little understanding of computer programming however I was hoping
    to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, if you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off subject however I simply wanted to
    ask. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I'll try to answer, yes this is hard work. You have to love it or it won't work. This web host does most things for you, no need to know programming. Please start one you'll have fun with it. Stay with a type of theme, find something that you love and do a blog on that. Like making pastry or crafting, gardening things like that. The only tips I can give though, is that before you post anything, make sure you have done your research on the subject matter. Best Wishes to you.

      Delete
  17. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon yor blog and wanted to mention that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog
    posts. In any case I'll be subscribing in your feed annd I'm hoping yyou write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really lovbing the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever
    run into any web browser compatibility problems?
    A handful of my blog audience have cokplained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great
    in Firefox. Do you have any recommendations
    to help ffix this problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No suggesstions here, you can though appeal to your blog website holder to see if they have ideas about this. Perhaps they have a trouble shooting page in which you can look at. Happy Blogging! Let me know how you do!

      Delete
  19. Excellent article. I am facing some of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is an age-old problem! There really is no true way, however, you automatically OWN all of your content. The minute you post it, it is your creative property. If you you can catch people you can ask them politely to remove it, or to credit you as the writier. If they do not comply you can report them to the website it is on, or to the web hosting site that carries the web-site. You can state in your articles or on your page one, that this is your work and if you see it anywhere else you will report the infringement! For photos you can use "watermarks". Put your disclaimer anywhere you want to, because this is your intellectual property. Hope that helps! Have a great day.! thaks for being a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after
    going through many of the posts I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm crtainly delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking iit and checking
    back often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please sign up your email up above, (subscribe button) and you'll never miss an entry or blog post again.
      I'm glad you found me, please keep reading and It's ok to say your name instead of anonymous.
      Thankss for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous