Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous



Image result for extreme winter conditions
Photo Credit: Medicentres.com


Today's post is in response to the dangerous cold and record-breaking weather that is upon approximately 110 million people!

I am currently one of those people in the path of this polar vortex weather, and I am not happy. Midwesterners are tough, rugged and live through a lot of weather extremes, however, what is predicted to come for the next two days is just dangerous.

A little less than half of the North American continent has an extreme weather forecast right now and in the next week or so. My area tomorrow is predicted to be in the -50 (negative temps) to possible -60's !. The sub-zero temps are here already, but tonight and tomorrow will be excruciating!

A meteorologist at the Weather Prediction Center is passing along information right now telling the American public the exposed skin in that kind of extreme will take only a matter of seconds to frostbite and cause hypothermia.

According to the Mayo Clinic   (see  their definition written below)

Hypothermia is a medical emergency that occurs when your body loses heat faster than it can produce heat, causing a dangerously low body temperature. Normal body temperature is around 98.6 F (37 C). Hypothermia (hi-poe-THUR-me-uh) occurs as your body temperature falls below 95 F (35 C)

*Please know that shivering and reduced circulation are the first stages of hypothermia.

*Frostbite is damage to tissues from freezing. Formation of ice crystals actually forms in the cells, rupturing the cells and eventually causing those cells to die.  (*according to medicinenet.com)
Frostbite goes through stages Ist degree, 2nd degree, and then 3rd & 4th-degree injury.

*Please understand that these conditions are serious! This can happen to an individual in a matter of seconds.

The warning for these areas are serious DO NOT go out if you don't have to!  If you are out, please dress warmly. Several thin layers are advised under very warm outer ware. Protect your ears, your hands and your feet as extremities are often the first to get frostbite.

*Please if you are going out, please have a backup plan in case of an emergency. Make sure you pack your car with essentials, food, water, blankets, flashlight, and back-up phone battery. Please tell loved ones or friends where you are going so that they can check on you.

*If you know someone who is elderly or disabled please check on them! And then double check on them again.

*Please know the emergency numbers for your city, please check on where the nearest warming shelter is located in your town. Extreme wind and frozen outdoor lines have caused outages in the past. Being without heat is very dangerous.

*Please remember your pets will feel this cold as well. Take care of them the way you would yourself. Very short periods outside, cover them in coats and booties if you have them. Dogs will shiver and if they do this, this means they are cold.



Image result for bundled up for winter
Photo Credit: startribune.com

*Some tips for indoor warmth and safety :

Here's a very short list of a couple of quick things,

.make sure your furnace filter is clean
.make sure your flue is open and that your fireplace chimney has been cleaned of creosote
.open cabinet doors under the kitchen sink
.drip faucets hot  and cold  (especially if wall faces to outside)
.keep the garage door closed
.run ceiling fans low and in reverse, this flushes hot air up

Whatever you do, CHECK YOUR BEAUTY at the door because no one needs to look pretty to save your own life ~put on those ugly boots and hats and lastly CHECK YOUR ATTITUDE at the door as well, because just because you think weather-related injuries or even death can't happen to you, they could.  Keep your guard up and be safe out there my friends.



Be Safe!


Image result for be safe
Photo credit: Amazon.ca






Comments

  1. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certaіnly
    enjoyed rеading it, you will be a great author.

    I will make sure to bookmark your Ƅog and will come back very soon. I wԝnt to encourage you continue your great posts, have a nce morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty ѕection of content. I јust stumbled upon your weƄ site and in accession capital to asѕeret that I get in fact enjоyed accоunt your blog posts.

    Anyeay I'll bbe subscribing to your feeds аnd evеn I achievеment yօᥙ access consistentⅼy rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ⅼooking through a post that can make men and
    women think. Also, thak yyou for allowing for me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try to include information that men would like as well as women. But the majority of material is slanted toward women.

      Delete
  4. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy.
    I have learn this put up and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting issues or tips.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more issues about it! I've been browsing online more than 4 hours
    today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever
    before. I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Well written! http://cspan.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I take pride in the content I provide. I spend countless hours in reasearch. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Good post. I certainly appreciate this site.
    Continue the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could certainly see your skills within the work you write.

    The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you
    who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow
    your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! We will be linking to this great post on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges.

    It was definitely informative. Your website is very useful.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is very open with a really clear description of the issues.
    It was really informative. Your site is useful.

    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Newbie, I am continuously browsing online for articles that can aid me.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing with us, I believe this website really stands out :
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went over this internet site and I conceive you have a lot of
    wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks (:
    .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am genuinely glad to read this website posts which
    consists of tons of valuable data, thanks for providing such information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Еxceⅼlent site you have here but I was ѡanting to know if you
    knew of any forums thаt cover the samе topіcs discuѕsed here?
    I'd really love to Ьe a part of online community ᴡhere Ι can get feed-back frⲟm other experienced іndivіdսals that share the same
    interest. If you have any suggestions, please
    let me know. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi theгe, just wanteⅾ to say, Ι loved thіs
    Ƅlog post. Іt wаs inspiring. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks on y᧐ᥙr marvelous posting! I ցenuinely
    enjoyed reading it, yoᥙ're a great author. I will be surе
    to bookmark your Ƅlog and will come back later on. I want to encourage tһat
    you continuе your great work, have a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good dаy! I just want to offer you a Ƅig thumbѕ up for the excellent info you have got right here
    on thіs post. I will be coming back to your web site fߋr more
    ѕoon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet internet site, super design and style, very clean and utilize pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This piece of writing is in fact a nice one it helps new the
    web viewers, who are wishing for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello.This post was really interesting, particularly since I
    was looking for thoughts on this issue last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a really good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.

    Simple but very precise information? Appreciate your sharing this one.
    A must read post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest blogs online.
    I'm going to recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll immediately grab your rss feed aas I can not too find ypur email subscription link or newsletter service.

    Do you've any? Please allow me understznd so that I may ust subscribe.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Superb blog you have here bbut I was wwondering if
    you knmew of any user discussion forums that cover
    the same topics discussed in this article? I'd reallyy like to
    be a part of online community where I can get feed-back from
    other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations,please let me know.
    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there very cool site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful ..
    I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?I'm glad to find a lot of useful information right here
    in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My site has a lot of unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is
    popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any
    methods to help reduce content from being ripped off? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey there and thank you for your information –
    I have certainly picked up something new from right
    here. I did however expertise some technical
    issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the website
    many times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining,
    but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising
    and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS
    to my e-mail and can look out for much more of
    your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, I do think this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to return yet again since I
    bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change,
    may you be rich and continue to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  29. bookmarked!!, I like your website!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good information. Lucky me I recently found your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've saved it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  31. We absolutely love your blog and find many of
    your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for. Do
    you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
    I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a few
    of the subjects you write about here. Again,
    awesome weblog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      I have considered for a long time accepting guest writing here and there. I like the fact that you may want to do this. But first before all things could be considered, you must personally bean email subscriber to this site, and you must identify yourself with a name. I encourage you to first subscribe, then to contact me via my email. Thank you so much for the offer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece