Keto Journey & Cream Stuffed Peppers Recipe

*Keto Journey & Cream Stuffed Peppers Recipe*

The Ketogenic Lifestyle is based on a high fat and low carb diet. When I started this plan, it was to one, simply lose weight and then two, to find a greater ease into fitness. I have lost weight while on this diet lifestyle, but it is hard to maintain. I use that line for all the, oops…I ate that birthday cake and chicken nugget mess ups…because to err is human, and well that I am!
But I get right back on to the keto bandwagon and chalk up my mistakes to that fact that maybe there wasn’t anything available for me to eat, which surprisingly happens all the time. Precovid19 there were so many gatherings, weddings, birthdays and dining out that the menus should just be printed saying, which carb ladened thing do you want? I do now see so many companies and small businesses bringing the Ketogenic lifestyle to the forefront.
In A Nutshell


This lifestyle is very doable. Don’t give up if you haven’t seen results; just keep trying. When I first started out I would cook for my family “whatever they liked”, and then what “I was having”, this was like making two separate meals each time. That was hard, but now I simply incorporate different menu items that are keto that sit alongside the family’s main dish. Many times my family members will eat something and won’t even recognize it as a Keto food. I’m happy, they’re happy and that’s harmony.

Today’s recipe started by looking for an appetizer to bring for a gathering where I would be the only person that had my lifestyle, I kept thinking what could I bring that everyone would like that would fall into the keto lifestyle ? So I came up with stuffing these mini sweet peppers that I used for everything and loved so much. This recipe has morphed over the years and can be taken from appetizer, to side dish and now to main dish depending on your mix ins. After I brought a tray of these to that family gathering they were not only a “hit” I have been asked to bring them for years now.

*Keto Cream Cheese Stuffed Bell Recipe*
*You’ll need these things*:
.Bell peppers, mini sweet banana peppers, or jalapeno peppers
.1TBSP olive oil
.1 full cream cheese (leave out to soften at room temp)
.garlic (chopped fine up to a clove or about 1 TBS garlic powder
pink hymalayan salt (I use about 1 tsp) You can use to your taste. `*Be careful too much salt is too much.
1 ½ C of shredded cheddar
black pepper
mixing bowl & spoon (can use fork or hand mixer)
baking sheet or pan
*INSTRUCTIONS*
1.Preheat oven to 375
2.Cut whatever pepper you are using lengthwise and remove the seeds and pulp.
3.Can pre bake, in a bowl dredge peppers into olive oil. Put the halves onto baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. *They will be hot make sure you let them cool a bit before you insert the filling.
4.Make the filling, mix and incorporate the below ingredients well.
-add the softened cream cheese block to your mixing bowl,now add garlic (cloves chopped fine or 1 tbsp of garlic powder) *to taste.
-1tsp salt,up to 1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar, and pinch of black pepper.
Our family loves bacon as a standard so we always add it here.(add in any other ingredients you love here)
5.Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
6.Bake for at least 8 minutes. I love to see browning on top. *Some people will broil them for about 3 minutes, I don't think it's necessary. *Extra filler ideas*
walnuts, green onion, chopped jalapenos, favorite spices, favorite hot sauce
Nutritional Info.
Approx.
1/2 regular bell is about 250 calories
total fats 20g
carbs 6g
fiber 1g
Net carb 5g
Remember this is based on cream cheese mixture base, the nutrional and calories will change as you add things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece