Desk Organizer Dollar Tree Craft


I used these frames and this glue

I put together a very easy craft that is super affordable and is quick to make This came as a result of my efforts to organize my house. My desk is always a mess, though I did try to keep things that were alike in piles.  It was a super hot mess! I had just finished cleaning my closet out and spotted the desk across the room, and I realized, "wow that desk is an ugly mess." I went to the Dollar Tree store to purchase Easter baskets for my grandkids and I spotted the clear plastic free standing picture frames, I thought I had seen another blogger at one time make an organizer out of them, but I couldn't remember who to credit.

I quickly arranged them on the shelf and I knew it would work. I decided on just three of them, although, I think you could use four or even five of them in a row.


I lined them up on the counter this is just before I glued them
As you can see I lined them up, just to make sure I liked the arrangement and then I'll put some paper towels beneath them. I then added one thin line of E6000 glue, which dries clear, onto the lower part of the "stand" of the picture frame. Then I made sure that the three of them were exactly in line.
here you can see the glue
This E6000 glue is like a godsend. I just used it to fix the coffee mug that I dropped to the floor the other day. By the way, it was on Monday morning and you know then how that day went. First, to drop the mug and have it break was one hurtful thing, but the second hurtful thing was having to go yet a few more minutes longer without coffee consumption; Can you say OMG loud enough? Just kidding What are Mondays for?

While the organizer was gluing, I thought of ways to adorn it. The possibilities are endless. I have several rows of thin washi tape and that would be cute right across the top in front or just the family picture; frame would double as an organizer. But while I embrace the near minimal movement, I thought it needed just a small bit of something.

I went on Word and Just printed these up

I went to Word and used the Lucida font and in 24 pt I printed these up. I thought these three were cute. You can use anything that you want, from inspirational and motivational to a piece of comedy or poetry; it's up to you.

I chose this

I'm not sure who said this but I thought it was darling. I simply cut it out and slipped it into the picture frame. "All my bills say outstanding, I guess I'm good to go."

This project is so easy and will help to corral a few of the unwanted bills, cards, or receipts
finished product
See my finished product above. I used just three 7 x 5 dollar picture frames, the glue I already had. Total new cost without the glue $3.00.  I hope you liked this quick easy project. It is a low cost, beginner level and ready, truly, in a couple of hours.  If you make one of these please share below in comments or send to my email here and I'll put it in a reader's highlight article.

Happy organizing, have fun making this!   Any other ideas let me know!

*I receive no compensation for the mention of Dollar Tree or E 6000 glue.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece