Chaffles: Mini Keto Waffles and Dash Mini Waffle Maker Review

 Finished homemade chaffles




I'm jumping on board, I'm part of the Chaffle train!  I first found out about chaffles on my keto journey when I followed a keto chef that showed us how to make chaffles to use instead of bread.

Lack Of Bread

On the keto lifestyle, the elimination of bread is huge in order to have success with it. I can only speak for myself, but I was always missing bread. To be clear I was never that "big" on bread anyway, but I guess I was missing the sandwich as we traditionally know it. I am very creative in my use of inventing food type recipes that mimicked 2 slices of bread to make me feel like I had just eaten a sandwich. A lot of them were decent, yet still missing the texture and "feel" of bread.

Enter The Chaffle and The Chaffle Recipe

Heaven happened that day the chaffle entered my life! It turns out that the recipe was way simpler than making a loaf of bread ever could be.

Now there are many variations to the basic chaffle recipe, for this article I am using what I think is the most popular chaffle recipe. The word chaffle comes from cheese plus waffle equalling chaffle. I love the taste and the texture of these. I made the sandwiches immediately. I used lunch meat, and it was outstanding. Here's the very simple three-ingredient recipe below:


 Base Keto Chaffle Yield 2 mini waffles or 1 regular size waffle.

1 lg egg
1/2 C cheddar
2 tbsp almond flour

*In a bowl whisk together these ingredients.
(I still sprayed my mini waffle maker just to make sure there is no sticking)
*Spray with Avocado oil
Ingredients

This recipe contains NO baking soda, while some people still put it in, I have eliminated it. This is a base chaffle recipe, you could add or change up this recipe to your liking (i.e. adding vegetables or bacon to it for example).
Whisked Ingredients


Here's the bits:

Approximately 370-372 calories
5g carb
1g sugar
2g fiber

Total 3 net carbs
oiled waffle iron

Ready to take it out!

Once your ingredients have been whisked together, place up to 2 tbsp on the mini waffle iron. It will be ready in exactly 4 minutes.
A finished sandwich! Very yummy.


Review of the Dash Mini Waffle Maker
I chose the Teal mini waffle maker


I must say I really enjoyed using this product. It is the original mini waffle maker and it was exceptional. It weighs exactly 1 pound and heats up super quickly. The Dash comes in eleven colors and has a mini-cookbook with it. One needs only to plug it in and you'll see the red light come on and while I did spray it down with oil my chaffles came sliding right out. The mini waffle maker has only a 4" wide surface and in 4 minutes, my first waffle was made.


I will say do not overfill it. I saw many people not happy with their maker, but each time they had overfilled it, thus creating overflow and burning of their recipe. I was also very happy that the cost was a low $9.99. It is available at houseware shops and online through Amazon. It comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.  I give this little Dash 5 Stars ***** for the size, the quickness, the choice of colors. Fantastic little product.

cute 4" surface


For information at the retailer's website at www.bydash.com







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece