Tablescape Simplicity

Where I live the climate and weather isn't warm yet, So I like my interior design to feel alive and fresh, and never overdone. I fell that sometimes our surroundings set the mood in your daily lives if it feels all tired and worn out; you might just be as well.

How To Keep It Fresh
Early morning Sunshine
The first thing I do, especially if it's sunny, I open the curtains. I accept what nature gives us. Yes, I even open the curtains on a dark and dreary drab day. I try to embrace nature (and that's another article for another day) and that does help me get my day going.  I'm sure no one disagrees that when it's awfully cold out the sun does help make it a better day.  My dining room's location is just to the right of the foyer in my house, so any guests that enter will first see our open floor plan to the back of the house and fireplace and mantle, but immediately after, they will glance right and that takes in the view of the dining table.

I always have some kind of tablescape on my table. I have been a guest in other people's houses and the first thing I see is a laptop and papers, or kids crafts or clothes!  Yes. I have seen this a lot. It's not that we have never used our dining table for all of those mentioned above, but after we're done we clean it up.  I have kids (all grown now) and grandkids and we've used the table for a myriad of reasons (yes a jigsaw puzzle can last for a month), but we move on.

Keep It Simple

I love the simple design. I chalked painted my dining furniture several years ago, and I let the simplicity of that show through.  I keep it fresh by rotating things. As we know Easter is coming and I have a ton of Easter/Spring decor, but I will most likely add to what you see here.
Simplicity
My tablescape today is 2 found & collected glass cloche (they do not match exactly) with vintage demitasse cups that I have also collected over the years from different fairs and antique shops. In the middle is a simple potted maidenhair fern from the Pottery Barn. (I'll link that down below this article). I'd love to have something live on the table plant wise but there isn't enough light in there except on the window wide-base and casing, which I often do in the summer. 
Pottery Barn Faux Potted Maidenhair Fern Houseplant
Highlighted in the sun the very realistic Maidenhair Fern brings life into a cold February with a touch of greenery in a terra cotta pot. It fills the space but does not overwhelm it as it sits directly below the dining chandelier.
Finding a bit of beauty

The light reflection creates a rainbow over this little beautiful cup. The artful flowers that appear to be painted by hand, hark into spring, even if it is just a tiny touch. Your eye catches the color immediately.

An entrance view

While my house interior is a somewhat old world (think of Tuscany design) type, I have changed much of it into an old world farmhouse, with a very casual vibe. It's cozy, comfy and very well lived in!

Find your bit of beauty each day and relish in the simplicity of found objects mixed with new. Here is the link to that really nice Pottery Barn Plant:
https://www.potterybarn.com/products/potted-maiden-hair-fern/?pkey=e%7Cgreenery%7C154%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C48%7C%7C33&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARC


**Highlight and click right for Pottery barn link


**this is not an ad, this plant is part of my personal collection of decor, I am sharing it with you for your information. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece