Cusa Tea Tasting

Today I hosted an in-home tea tasting for my family. A tea tasting is where a professional or enthusiast tastes types of tea to determine the tea's components. Sort of like a "flight of tea". I was given a sample of Cusa Tea from The Daily Goodie Box. Cusa Tea is an instant tea, that has no steeping time. I am also a tea editor for at least 11 years with Bellaonline.com on their subchannel Food & Drink. I have authored tea articles, edited and run the forum there.
Organic English breakfast, Oolong, and Mango green tea
A tea tasting is a skill, while I have no license or certificate, I do have a skilled palate. I like and drink tea. Now, I most likely could not tell you down to the region these teas were grown, like some, but I can judge the important parts of tea with the education and knowledge I do have.

A tea tasting depends on controlled conditions. I will judge and taste this tea based on the directions of the manufacturer and the single tea kettle of fresh filtered water I will derive the grades from.

A Few Words On Tea

All real tea is derived from the Camellia Sinensis plant. This is like a small hedge bush grown in full groves. Tea plants enjoy growth in cool sunny places, which is why you'll often see tea fields located in very beautiful lofty places. Herbals are steeped liked tea but actually contain NO real tea leaves and infusions are mixes or blends of types of tea and/or herbs and may include a bit of tea to enhance flavors.

Did you know that modern medicine and science believes that if you drink tea at least 2 to 3 times a week you are already healthier than those that do not drink tea? The inclusion of tea into your diet has many benefits. Here is a very short list:

*Less caffeine than coffee by about 50%
*calorie free (until one puts something in it)
*full of antioxidants-
These can help with free radicals in your body which often can be found in cancer. Ingredients in tea like polyphenols and catechins help your body at the cellular level.
*Tea contains plenty of minerals and vitamins-
There is a good deal of Calcium in steeped tea, as well as iron, vitamin A and K.
*Tea boosts your immune system-
During flu season it is highly recommended to drink tea to help you fortify your cells so that they can battle the flu. Tea literally puts up a wall of defense against the virus.
*Less Cavities
*Reduced risk of stroke and heart attack.

The Tea Tasting

About the tea: can be enjoyed hot or cold, no preservatives, or fillers

The manufacturer wants us to steep in a cup of 12-14 0z of water. To me, this means that the product is concentrated and to get the appropriate taste for each type I will measure the water. See below the types and note that the ingredients are contained in small packages (1 for each cup)

I set up cups and put on the kettle. I opened each one and put them into each cup (see the three pictures below)


English Breakfast Tea
Mango Green Tea

Oolong
I then filled a nicely warmed tea kettle of water and put 12 ounces in each cup. The tea mixed instantly. I stirred each just briefly to make sure the tea was distributed.

The categories are appearance, body, aroma, taste (liquor), and aftertaste.

All three varieties got a very good for appearance and smooth body. They were all visually very pleasing and smooth on the first sip.
The Mango green tea had the highest amount of aroma, 2nd was the oolong and 3rd was the English Breakfast tea.
For aftertaste though both the Mango green tea and the oolong had strong after bites. Almost caustic on the tongue. The English breakfast tea was simply perfect.


Overall notes:
The tea mixed instantly, very good for on the go, or toting to the office. Each tea was robust and filled with flavor. All three were very satisfying.

My picks.
1. English Breakfast Tea
2. Mango Green  Tea
3. Oolong Tea

I think if I were to make them again, I'd try the green and the oolong with the 14 ounces of water vs. the 12 ounces.
My family enjoyed each of them as well, with nearly the same outcomes.

I think this is a fantastic product.  I would recommend it. Instant tea is a quick and beautiful thing!

This company can be reached at their web site htpps://www.cusatea.com

*This is not an ad.* I conducted this tea tasting on my own. This product was, however, supplied to me as a free sample by  https://www.thedailygoodiebox.com

You can find my tea articles at


https://www.bellaonline.com/site.asp?name=tea






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece