It's Christmas Decorating Time



The tree is up.

Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, it's time for us to get ready for Christmas. I don't know about your house but we dress our house up, which includes the mantle, the Christmas trees, and the outside.

The hardest part is dragging everything up from the nether regions of the basement dungeon. I hope everyone has a built-in teenager that will substitute for the moving men that are needed to make this all happen, and thank goodness I do!

I'm going to do a little mini-series on decor and small crafts that are not only easy but inexpensive and make a huge impact. I am slowly taking my decorating to a lower level. My time is always limited and I will be culling my decorations this year and I will be donating some of the things that I no longer need. I'm trying to make my life easier and that of my husband's too.

My 9-foot tree is currently up in the front, one set of lights are out. This weekend, my husband the official light fixer, will take care of that and I will do a post on tree decorating.



Image result for bottle brush trees
Bottle Brush Trees Source: Pinterest
I currently have an insane love of bottle brush trees. I have a small collection going and passing the $1.00 section at Target, wait did I say I passed the $1.00 section? Well you know better, I didn't. I did purchase a couple bottle brush trees, one spool of ribbon, and 2 tiny bags of faux snow.

For $5.00 I did this.



I gathered things that I had in the house already Like 2 terra cotta pots (that I aged with chalk paint)
,1 large plastic platter and
1 silver mercury candle holder .
I added the ribbon loosely around only two of the holders
(one facing one way and the other one facing the other way.



I then sprinkled the snow around the trees.

The cute end result
not much money spent.

This was an easy way to make a vignette that adds to a room subtly and will go with my overall woodsy type theme.

*One thing you should always remember whether you are decorating for Christmas or any other time of year, please shop your house. You can turn vases into a cloche just by turning it over for just one small example. Think out of the box.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece