Bleach Spray Craft

I don't know how many times I have ruined a shirt or other clothing item as I did housework,cleaning, painting or even gardening. I know I can't be the only who thought, "let me just get this really quick", "there's no sense changing and viola! Stain! I have been wearing this tank top for several years to do the housework and my art in, because as you might've guessed it, I ruined this using a bleach-style cleaner on my kids tub one time. So the stain was just enough and right in the front to never wear this out again. Isn't it ironic, however, that the bleach that ruined this tank will become the reason to make it useable again? This craft is great to do outside if you can, but do this on a day that it is not windy, or indoors in a garage that has the outside/overhead door open for ventillation. It is also great if it is a sunny day as well. I feel like this craft is ultra sucessful as the sunshine helps hasten the process. I feel like this is an intermediate craft because it is on a bigger level. I feel like if you are new to crafting perhaps you can do one really small stencil on either side of the chest, of a simple free-style method without the use of a stencil.
For this project you'll need a stained or "cast off" shirt. It can be a t-shirt,dress,sweatshirt,button down shirt or other clothing items such as athletic shoes for example. This is definitley a fashion trend we're seeing all over! It is taking a front seat to tie-dye or batiking, although that is certainly still in high-demand. But Bleach spray seems easier, it has way less steps, and takes way less time. Next you'll need a piece of sturdy cardboard. This will be slipped in between the front and the back of the shirt. *Note Many people do spray bleach the whole shirt; front and back, but it is up to you. For this craft today, I will be just spray bleaching the front only.
Next you'll need Bleach and a spray container.
Try to use regular bleach. This will flow out of the sprayer better and will not "crystalize" when on the shirt. If you happen to have the thicker low splash kind, it can still be used; but you may want to add a slight bit of water to it just to help it flow better. Other than that no dilution is necessary. There are bloggers out there that have a specific recipe for this, but I think it is just simple, add only about 1/4 c to your sprayer as bleach will go a long way. If your nozzle has a spray setting click it over to the one that is a finer (mist) rather than a gush. The tiniest of bleach will do it, as soon as it hits the clothes, it will begin to change. *NOTE try to not "puddle" the bleach stand a few feet away.
For this post I wanted to use a stencil (see above) "HOPE" Some people use a spray adhesive on the back so it does not move or the bleach doesn't get under it, but I didn't have any on-hand so I simply chalked out the area where the stencil is to be located, and I was careful around the edges to not deluge the stencil. I squirted 2 right away. It is apparent instantly. Let it set up before moving at least 5 minutes. Do not move stencil during this time. As you can see I did this outside.
It had begun to puddle just a bit under the stencil on the upper right hand side, but as soon as I could I reomved the stencil to let the sun get at it ASAP.
Next, air dry your shirt for at least one hour. I went about my housework and came back several hours later. Now rinse your shirt in cold water. I did this in my laundry room and then hung it on a hanger until it dried. The next day (24 hours later and completely air dried) I was able to run a load of towels and washed the tank top sucessfully, then dried fully in the dryer. After this you can wash your piece of bleach sprayed clothing as usual.
Let me know if you've tried this craft already or if you do let me know how it turned out for you. Any questions or problems contact me at beautyisabeast13@gmail.com Don't forget to subscribe to my website by leaving your email up above. Happy crafting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece