Copycat July 4th Floral Tablescape Display


Overgrown and plentiful in my backyard


Having a pandemic has put a huge strain on some bloggers that rely on craft stores, but for myself I really enjoy upcycling. I enjoy not only the benefits of not spending extra money (that I usually don't have anyway), but a lessening of my footprint as well as using "stuff" that may just be sitting around collecting dust or by using parts of something may be ready to pitch in the trash.

Even "Dollar Tree" crafters are still buying things, though I am never opposed to their blogs or ideas, in fact, I think many of their ideas are super super creative!  I follow a ton of bloggers and Pinterest peeps and Instagrammers because all of it is so fun!

I just love the aspect of taking something and changing it into something else. 

For today's post, I'm going to highlight a copycat idea, found a really cute idea on a blog, and wanted to recreate it for a July 4th tablescape. 


As you can see from the picture below, this blogger used and upcycled old wooden box in which she inserted a ton of white hydrangeas and two American flags, it is perfect for a beautiful yet subtle  July 4th look. 



Found on Pinterest Photo Credit:
Rachel Joy DIY+Home
Common Ground


I truly loved the simplicity of the look. The box is oversized and looks great on the dining table.
Thank goodness we have had a ton of rain, my hydrangeas have exploded! So I have a ton to use for this copycat project.



These two boxes were part of my son/daughter-in-law's wedding tablescapes. I have been trying so hard to incorporate them into my decorating for a while now. I almost put them outside this summer but our weather is so harsh they would've looked terrible instead of just worn.
These boxes were plastic-lined all ready for flowers and water.

I picked an early morning time to pick the hydrangeas, leaving the stems and leaves as long as I could, I set them on my patio table for a bit as they carry a lot of little flower-loving insects. This way I figured most of them would fly away before putting them into the house.






Altogether I picked about 20 stems, making sure some were very tall


I put the two squares together side-by-side to give the look that it was a larger box than it is. Noting that I use the cut hydrangeas all the time, and I knew they'd last through the 4th of July with just water; I don't think I need a floral block. I wanted to get as many of the flowers in there as possible and making the middle look like it keeps going to make it appear that it is one box, and not two.

Not exactly gigantic but with the flowers, in there the boxes did look larger.


Time for the arrangement. I put a small bit of water in the boxes to start out with. Then I actually de-leaved the flowers, for the most part, just leaving the uppermost leaves. I then just went around the boxes filling them as full as I could, making sure the tallest stems were in the middle of the boxes and using the smallest to fill in there too. The way it kind of looked like the two boxes became one.
The blogger from the original craft used a decent size flag, I used what I had on-hand these are quite tiny little flags (I bought a couple of handfuls of these several years ago~ they were like 10 for $2.00 at the Party Store) Admittedly they are almost too tiny. This arrangement would look even better had the flags been just a bit bigger.
Here it is all together! What do you think?  Is it close?  I think so and if not it still relays the simplistic decoration, that is easy for anyone to make. Remember to always SHOP YOUR HOME. You truly would be surprised by what you have on-hand that you can craft with.


The finished project
And another view with the sun shining through and candles surrounding it to help the box look larger still. I think I achieved a quick look-a-like. This project took only a few minutes to put together, I left the flowers out on the patio table for about 20 minutes. So all toll it took about 3 minutes to assemble. Easy beginner level.





      💥Have a Happy 4th of July!💥 Have a Happy 4th of July!💥 Have a Happy 4th of July 💥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece