Pet Emergencies and Care of Pets

Image result for pet picture
photo credit: unknown
Our pets are family. Our pets have become a special part of our society as well. It is a known fact that having a pet has many therapeutic values. Pets have been known to help chase away the lonely feelings people have when they are in need of a companion, for instance. We also know that animals are smart and can become highly trained as in an everyday therapy dog or as in a mission recovery or military/police canine for example.

Pets, in general, have taken a prominent place in our families.  They rescue hearts and add to and enrich our daily lives.

Pets Have Needs

While we all have to eat and drink water, which goes for all living things, but sometimes, just as with humans, pets have medical needs and ailments too. The most common pets in everyday households are the dog and the cat.
Dogs and cats could need special food or supplements into their diets there are many things that dogs and cats should not ingest. But the animals are curious in nature and often we as pet owners will encompass a pet emergency. Would you know what types of signs and symptoms to look for to protect your pet? Do you know what do/where to go if an emergency arose?
Image result for pet emergency picture
photo credit:yelp.com

Pet Emergency

Beyond the super obvious things that might go without saying, here is a list of things that I consulted with my veterinarian on that will keep you on your toes as you recognize what could constitute an animal emergency.
*Your animal has had bodily trauma (such as hit by a motor vehicle, or attacked by another animal)
*Loss of consciousness
*Collapsing, cannot stand nor support their weight
*Bleeding
*Is not breathing correctly (struggling to breathe)
*Not eating or drinking (especially for 24 hours)
*Vomiting or diarrhea (especially for 24 hours)
*Seizures
*Suspect broken bones
*Pain and Crying out (whining, panting hard, arching the back)
*Ingestion of household chemicals (they are very harmful)
*Ingestion of “Garage” chemicals Antifreeze, Rodenticides, or petroleum products for example
*Ingestion of Medications
*Ingestion of Chocolate, Sugar-Free Gum (Xylitol sweetener very harmful), garlic, grapes, raisins
*Suspect Heat Stroke
*A pregnant mother where births are long hours in between.

That’s a list of the most common types of medical-type emergencies that a family pet may encounter. Just like our children, if our pets appear “off” and their behavior is unusual, owners need to take heed.

Tips:

Keep your local area emergency vet phone numbers nearby. Seek out the location of a local 24-hour emergency center and keep that number handy.

Remember that this is just an idea list. A pet could encounter and have any number of symptoms in many situations when you are in doubt, please attend to your pet, because you already know that you should follow your instincts, if it doesn’t feel right call your emergency center and take care of pets immediately. 
Image result for pet picture
Photo Credit: baanimalshelter.com




























Comments

  1. Wonderful place. I had been taking a look at frequently
    this blog and i'm satisfied! Worthwhile material in particular the past portion ??

    My spouse and i manage these types of information and facts considerably.
    I'd been searching this particular information and facts for
    one long period of time. Warm regards and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and stopping by! Please continue to read and if you sign up your email up above (subscribe button) you will not miss anything that is new posted here! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog
    that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have some
    experience with something like this. Please let me know if
    you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Aol for
    something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers
    for a fantastic post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the
    fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece