Hack: Homemade Fruit And Veggie Wash Recipe

I'm still Spring cleaning are you? I guess I actually Spring clean year-round, but once you get out of Spring/Summer, it's just simply called deep cleaning. To me, however, Spring cleaning is where we can throw open the windows from the long and closed up winter to feel and breathe in the freshness of Spring. The fresh air fills the house and then the allergies start! Oh well; can't win them all I guess.
I often frequent farm stands and farmer's markets all through summer and early fall. I go to as many as possible. Our regular supermarkets are now even buying from local or near local farmers because they even realize that the seasonal fruits and vegetables grown as close as can be are the freshest and lessen their carbon footprint. Most farmers of late are trying smaller batch growths to try and eliminate as much harmful fertilization as possible. So fruits and veggies need to be clean before we eat them. I have a little recipe hack that you can try. It is so super easy to make/use and it gives me a great peace of mind. So you do not have to buy fruit and veggie wash, make it by using my simple recipe hack below.
Here's the Fruit and Veggie wash recipe that will clean most fruits and veggies. 1 Cup vinegar ( I use the white vinegar) to 4 Cups water. *Optional: can add a tbsp of lemon juice. That's it! You can add the two (and lemon juice) to a jug and shake to combine. This mixture can be then put into a spray bottle if you desire for a quick spritz bottle spray wash, or if you buy a large quantity of fruit & veggies, simply add to a clean sink with drain stopper or a large container/vat.
Let the fruits and veggies soak for at least 15 minutes. And then rinse. lay on paper towels/sack towels to drip dry completely. I still wash the outside of large things like melons and oranges and banana peels, by spraying and dry with towel. Germs,dirt and pesticides still travel from cutting knife into that actual fruit. So this I feel is helpful as well.
**Side Notes** Vinegar is an aqueous solution of acetic acid. Regular vinegar is mild and has a variety of domestic uses such as salad dressing all the way to window cleaning! sounds funny that you can eat something that cleans your window glass spotless. Happy Spring cleaning with less chemicals and less money spent each year. And cheers to our local farmers who need your support as they provide all the goodness of the earth each spring and summer.
Here's a bunch of peony buds and foliage, they're almost ready to bloom. How exciting this is, the one plant that I planted in memory of my mother has now tripled in size! How blessed I am. If you have questions or comments you can leave them below or even email me at: beautyisabeast13@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece