Quick Thanksgiving Mantle Decoration

Here's an easy craft project to get you in the holiday mood; that is not only quick to do, it is also very beginner level friendly. This project involves no sewing, no hot glueing, and no spray paint! Yay! If you are like me the holidays come up so fast and cooking while decorating can and will leave you exhausted. For this post today, I'm thinking of all the things i'm grateful for and realizing that I am thankful and blessed to be surrounded by family and friends. I hope you are surrounded by this as well. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays; I love the simplicity of family and good food. My simple project involves things you have on-hand. *Remember to always shop your own home before you buy something. Chances are you may have something right there that you'll be able to change into decor you had not thought of. I have these three hanging wooded tags that I hang from lamps or doorknobs or vases. I've had them for years and years. I think I paid $1.00 for each of them. I wanted to display them all together so I came up with a very simple mantle swag. I added a "command hook" on either side and then one in the middle. From the hooks I hung twine the entire expanse, (from one side to the other with a knot in the middle) literally hung the tags from the twin and the I tied on bows. Super simple! ***Here's some photos*** First, I gathered things like the twine and ribbon and left over burlap (thin white and thick green) from another project, and I also had this braided decorative trim. I loved all the colors together. Gather what you have. Any fabric ripped horizontally will make great looking bows.I took the twine that I have and cut about 6 feet long piece.I then tied that on to the command hooks.
I then cut at least 6 inches of each of the burlap, then I laid them on top of each other to "create" a bow.(Any fabric tied on can create a bow, this is just one very simple way to do it.)
After I had chosen the decorative cord as what I would use I simply pinched the middle of the two ribbons and turned it over and tied a knot.
see that here
As it turned out the decorative trim shredded, so I took each of the strands and used just one of the different colored strands on each different tag. These colors were awesome for Fall. Here's the tag hanging from command hook with out the bow.
Here is a finished product! I simply tied the bow onto the command hook behind the hanging tag. It looks really cute.
Here is the swag with the three tags and bows. I will add some small pinecones to the swag to fill it in and add fullness to the swag and I have faux pumpkins and gourds that will be lined up in a row across the mantle. I will be removing the mercury glass and the other plant from the mantle.These things were leftover from the previous Halloween and early fall decorations. (I'll add a pic later when I finish the decorating and update this article). I hope you enjoyed this very simple craft, and I hope it inspires you to make your own mantle swag. *if you do please send me a note, I'd love to share it with our readers.
Here's a quick updated look. I wound up being too lazy to attach tassels or acorns, or small pinecones to the jute cord. I left it as is and added only a few fancy little white pumpkins instead of adding all the gourds. I felt less was more. We are painting the overmantle right after Thanksgiving weekend to a nice mellow gray color so this was also a reason that I felt uninspired to continue with the "swag" I will be showing a nice finished mantle for Christmas, however. Happy Holidays Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece