Back To The Journey and a Cheese Tidbit Recipe

Happy Holidays! Well if you're still on your weight-loss journey or on Ketogenics for health reasons, welcome to phase I of the holidays. (I just made up these phases to illustrate my thought processes LOL) Phase I of the holidays is in my mind simply passing the first holiday with some assemblence of eating the keto-friendly diet you were adhereing to previously. So with Phase I down, we now are approaching Phase 2 (Christmas) and that consists of so many, many ways to cheat; I do love Christmas cookies and all the fun desserts; they were truly a downfall for me. But remember to try really hard to not beat yourself up for partaking in a few of the treats. It's hard to be on a specific lifestyle when the whole house is not. This year I will include a small container of keto-friendly Christmas cookies for myself while I'm baking for everyone else. I've Included a very easy recipe for what I call Cheese Tidbits. These tasty little things can act like a chip or I like to eat them just plain like a cheese nib cracker almost. Here's the very simple recipe and pictures: Cheese Tidbit Recipe
Need Baking sheet,Parchment or wax paper, spatula, shake on spice, and choice of cheese slices. Instructions Preheat ove to 375 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment paper Then taking 1 slice of your favorite cheese, slice into 4's (if you are slicing from a block make sure to try to have them all in similar uniform shapes for cooking purposes)
I use a pizza wheel to help, after I cut into 4's I will also cut into triangles.
At this point in the recipe, (ad you can see I used several types of cheese for a variety) after arranging cheese shapes onto the baking sheet you can "season" them if you so choose, ideas are red pepper flakes,black pepper, himalayian salt, or here I used everything but the bagel seasoning.
They are ready to bake now for all of 6 minutes or so. I like mine very bubbly and slightly brown. Please try to separate them fairly well on the baking sheet as the will spread. See my photo below, they also come out slightly "greasy" I put a paper towel to dab AFTER they have cooled. At first you think these look horrible but as soon as they cool, they taste just like Cheeze-its! I love them.
Remember to count these into your daily allowance of carbs. Remember you control the quality of the ingreidents. Use fine cheese get less "garbage" in your food. Calorie counts all depend on the cheeses you have used. Please read labels. Have fun making this! Happy holidays, and happy continued journey. Remember to be kind to yourself. I'm looking to Phase 3 New Year's eve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece