Keto Granola Clusters




I am forever searching for ways to include "regular" life into my Ketogenics journey.For a while there, and especially when I started this low carb lifestyle, I had no idea that at times I'd feel left out. This I personally think is where people just go: forget it, I can't do this! Then they just go back to not feeling well, gaining weight or having tummy troubles. When I say feeling left out, I meant just snacking like everyone else. I used to be a chip eater; any chips like potatoe,tortilla,and other snacks that contained a salt or sweet combination...fresh kettle corn or carmel corn, a huge downfall. So I came upon this recipe for the "granola" and I held it for the longest time and never made it!


So I've had this for awhile and I do not know where or from whom did I get it, so I cannot credit the Keto Cook. I will mention named brand items in this recipe, but I am not an affiliate for any of them; but I use them.
KETO GRANOLA CLUSTERS

WHAT YOU NEED:

Some kind of food processor or blender. I have a very old-fashioned mini processor that works like a charm and it is what I used here in this post. You'll need a saucepan and spoon, a baking sheet medium size, some wax paper or parchment paper.


INGREDIENTS


1 Cup of pecans 1 Cup of flaked coconut 1/2 Cup of almonds 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 Cup of butter 1/4 Cup of Swerve Brown Sugar (or other Keto friendly brown sugar) 1/4 Cup of Swerve Powdered Sugar (or other Keto friendly powdered sugar) 1/2 tsp. Vanilla or Sugar Free Maple syrup




DIRECTIONS


Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line your baking sheet. I use parchment paper. Set aside. Next, I take the nuts (almonds & pecans) and the coconut and put them into the little blender.You will blend the three things until become coarse crumbs. If it does not fit take a bit each time until all is done, mine fit all together at once. Set this aside.



Next, in your saucepan over a low heat, put in the butter, the sugars, and the vanilla or maple. Stir with spoon untill all is dissolved.This takes only a couple of minutes. I kept stirring here just to make sure I do not burn this.


Now, stir the wet into the dry mix through well to coat everything.
Then, simply spread this evenly and flat on the lined baking pan. TIP:(if you made too much for your pan, you can simply make two pans, or make them thicker like a granola bar). For fun I added the Lily's type chocolate chips onto half the pan. The Lily's can be substituted for your favorite chocolate chip. These chips have no sugar in them and are dark baking chocolate. These are Keto approved, but they are very expensive, I use them very sparingly, and one cannot find them everywhere.


Bake the granola for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.



This was so good and hit the "sweet spot" of salty & sweet. My teenage son loved it and ate alot in one sitting that I could not even take a final product picture! LOL Enjoy this recipe and if you make something like this, send me your testimonial and I'll put it here on my website. Please hit the subscribe button above to receive more recipes like this, or pass this website to a friend looking for help in their personal keto journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece