Keto Berry Jelly



Finished jelly being used with 90second bread (a recipe later)

I am always on a quest to find recipes that are not only simple to make and are tasty as well. The Ketogenic lifestyle cuts out sugars and high carb foods such as slices of bread and jelly, so breakfast seems a bit lost without it. *Sorry I guess that's me lost without that bit of sweetness and filling from the bread.

I do also like recipes that I can make ahead because let's face it, I enjoy just reaching into the refrigerator and grabbing whatever I need just like the next guy. I also like recipes that I can share with my family too, and that anyone can eat and enjoy it. When making this recipe you can feel good that you would be sharing something that is good for anyone.

Why Chia Seeds

Chia comes from a salvia plant, which is in the mint family of plants. The salvia originated in Central and South America. Chia seeds are in recipes like jelly and pudding because they absorb liquid and in this recipe the chia act as a thickening agent.
measured out chia seeds


Chia Health Benefits

Whether on the Ketogenic lifestyle or not, most of us do not get enough fiber. Chia seeds are rich in fiber. Fiber helps you feel full as well. Chia can help you maintain a healthy digestive system. Chia helps enhance brain function and also is known to help you have a healthy heart. Chia seeds are high in protein. They contain Omega-3 and amino acids that is helpful for those also on a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle.

Rich in minerals like calcium and magnesium, this tiny little seed will digest slowly and creates energy that releases slowly. This helps to keep blood sugar levels stable. This is so beneficial to so many.

Recipe


For the Keto Berry Jelly

You'll need these ingredients:

2C blueberries (or berry that you enjoy like strawberry or mixed berries or any kind of berries)
2TBSP lime juice
2TBSP Swerve (or your favorite non-sugar type sweetener)
2 drops of stevia
2 TBSP of water
2TBSP of chia seeds (I like organic)

What else you'll need:
saucepan
tablespoon measure
jelly jar with an airtight lid (example small mason jar or save jars from other similar type products)
fork
spoon
I'm using an actual old mason jar from a farm made jelly from
a farmer's market.


Recipe:



1. In your saucepan, mix berries and lime juice, water, and swerve. Leave on low heat for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes smash blueberries or berries with a fork.
3. Now, remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Stir well. I let stand about 5 minutes, then I spoon in the contents of the saucepan into my glass container. (be careful jelly will still be hot)
4. That's it! Now jelly must refrigerate to set for about 2 hours. I love to make ahead and just get out of bed and have this in the morning.
5. The jelly lasts for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.

boiling berries and sugar and juice Smells so good
smashing berries here
last: adding chia

this time I used a funnel because it was very hot
I always make some kind of label to remember the expiration date.

*This recipe yields about 1 cup of jelly each time. A suggested serving size is about 2 TBSP.
Here's the break down:

Remember if you variate the recipe or change the contents or add in other things this will change the calorie count.

Carb 7g
fiber 2g
(5 net carbs)
1g protein
Macros cal. 39
fat: 1

Enjoy!
so good



*I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist, I find appetizing ideas and recipes that I personally use on a regular basis to share with my readers. This recipe does endorse any medical idea, nor propose to, and always ask a doctor before starting any diet or nutritional plan.*

Let me know if you try this recipe and if you liked it, found it easy and want to see more like it.
have a great day!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece