Earthday.org

Bees, a species in danger
Photo Credit:
Earthday.org


I find subject matter that I hope will make a difference in someone's life or lifestyle. I also love to post things that are for the "greater good" of the world or people. Today I choose to highlight the Earthday.Org website.  https://www.earthday.org/

I learned so much from this website and I thought that this was something I had to pass on. You can become a "Global Citizen". You can become involved by learning, passing on the knowledge, or by taking individual action to make changes yourself.

You can join the world's largest environmental movement. This organization works year-round to solve climate change, end plastic pollution, and to protect the world's endangered species.  The website is user-friendly and will help to educate while broadening your knowledge, and this goes across the globe!

                **THE WEBSITE IS CONVERTIBLE TO 10 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES**

The organization is serving the USA, UK, Canada, India, Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Morocco, Kenya, Brazil, New Zealand, and 180+ more countries worldwide. 

When I heard about all the plastics floating in the world's waterways, I was appalled and I knew that I wanted to help in some way. I didn't know what I could do myself and I did some research and came up with this website.

I was broken-hearted hearing about how the Amazon forest was burning up and that groups and organizations were taking down trees, I felt saddened, knowing how much the Amazon helps our world and how terrible the world will be without it!

Plastics waste
Photo Credit: Earthday.org
I wanted to learn more. What could I do? I'm just one person is it possible to help polar bears as their ice is currently melting? These problems seem so hard to fix what if anything can I do? That's where this organization comes into play.

You can find out what cities are doing to become "green" by 2020, you can find out about the food you eat, where it comes from and its connection to the health of our planet. You can actually become involved, you DO NOT have to give money (unless you wanted to), you CAN use your physical strength to become involved, get informed, with the information and even cast a vote.

Food
photo credit: Earthday.org

The information is there on the website regarding where you can even sign up to help clean a roadway or waterway near you. Be a part of the good changes by becoming a citizen aware.

Photo Credit:
Earthday.org

You can even learn about the history of Earth Day and its beginnings in 1970. Did you know there are artists, inventors, and filmmakers that are currently making a difference by helping to harness the power of the Earth? 

Get the facts on plastic pollution and how to take part in changing what's floating in our oceans. Learn about reforestation. Learn and gain knowledge and then pass it on to others.

Our world is fragile and so are the species in it.
photo credit:
Earthday.org
Some current species in peril are:
Bees
Giraffes
Whales
Elephants
Fish
Insects
Sharks
Great Apes
Sea Turtles
Crustaceans

Land in peril
Coral Reefs
Trees
Plants


Please sign a pledge to help do better for the world. If you have ideas or partnerships please contact them at this email address:

plastic@earthday.org

Become a global citizen.

Earthday Network  can also be found at this address
1616 P St. NW, suite 340
Washington DC
20036
(202) 518-0044


https://www.earthday.org/


Thanks for reading!

*I have used pictures from their website as it demonstrated things so much better than I could ever have.
*This website is a personal favorite of mine, I am not in any way being compensated for this mention.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece