Chocolate Fat Bombs (Keto Treats Containing High Fat) My Keto Journey

One of the hardest things to do for any lifestyle change is to stay with it. So whether it's a dietary change or exercise regime, in order to get the results that you set out to attain, you cannot just give up.

Dietary Changes

Everyone has different motivational factors as to why they adopt any lifestyle change. Some individuals just want to lose weight or they want to get ready for a 5K walk; so they are only in a lifestyle change for a short period of time. Many of us, however, want to change things for the long haul; meaning a lifetime.

Keto Lifestyle

For this post, I am highlighting a really easy recipe. This recipe is part of my own personal Keto journey. The dietary changes I made were for more than one reason. My personal medical issues and weight loss; I simply wanted to feel better. I like most people, didn't overindulge in things, but the things I chose to love just were not loving me. I did enjoy potato chips, Tostitos type chips, how about those yummy sugary desserts?  Don't you just love pie?  How about cake?   Oh you know I did!
I loved them, and as I said I did not sit in the pantry just eating chips, however, as I got older, the weight kept piling on even though I was working out with weights and walking on a regular basis!

Something Had To Give

I consulted with my doctors and they gave me the okay to go on a Keto diet.  I eliminated sugars; brown and white, I eliminated bread and all chips and treats. I was miserable. I adhered to this Keto diet and I saw weight loss and my tummy felt better too. I began to stand taller, move faster, and feel generally less "bogged down".

Fumbling My Way

I joined a group on Facebook of like-minded people and that's how I learned about recipes and ideas. I also read everything I could regarding this diet. Soon I began to just incorporate it into my daily life and that was 1 year ago and about 40 pounds (give or take a few) ago.

Feeling A Measure Of Sucess

I'm not just advocating Keto here, I am advocating lifestyle changes for people who want them in their lives. Keto is just where I fell. I think that we all have to self examine what types of things we can do with and without. Keto is not for everyone. I have tried calorie counting, eliminating just snacks, or adding in even more high fiber, etc. You could guess that it wasn't making a difference for me. Keto changed me quickly, I was then able to stick with it because I was able to see the difference! It kept me motivated.
I couldn't even wait for the picture~ half-eaten!


Continuing On

So knowing I have a wee sweet tooth, I found this Keto Fat Bomb recipe and I wanted to share. It makes me feel like I'm getting some candy.

Recipe:
Ingredients:

3 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp of peanut butter/nut butter (to stay keto one should use a nut butter)
5-10 drops of liquid stevia or can use another sugar substitute like 2 tbsp Swerve
mixing all ingredients



Optional:
3 tbsp of walnuts
1/4 tsp vanilla (make sure it is sugar-free)

Directions:
1. melt coconut oil in a container (I use microwave about 20 seconds stir add 10 seconds in needed don't burn this).
2. Now, freeze in small containers, or old ice cube trays, here I have used silicone baking cups.
Ready in about an hour or so.

Store leftovers in the freezer.

These are approximate:
90 calories (this changes if adding vanilla or nuts)   3 carb Fiber 1


all mixed






                                       
                                         













frozen cups ready to eat





slips easily out of silicone cup looks like a bought peanut butter cup
















Yum

*This recipe is for enjoyment, I am not a dietician or nutritionist. This article does not propose to cure or diagnose anything.
**Please always seek out your doctor's advice when changing your diet.










 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece