Quick July 4th Table Decoration Craft

My friend is hosting a party for the fourth of July and she called and asked what can I do really quick to put on my table?  I said go buy something!  LOL😃   You know I did not. I suggested that she make several types of extremely easy crafts. For the purpose of this article, I chose one that I had done in the past, and it is a beginner level easy.👍

I usually decorate my house for all the seasonal holidays and the fourth of July is no exception. There are many ways you can decorate for this theme. Anything that has red, white or blue in it or on it and basically you're set! It does not have to have stars and stripes on it to qualify.

I love to have the American flag around, and often times I buy those 10 for $2.00 type handfuls when I see them. These flags are great along a pathway or attached to your mailbox or for use in a tablescape, door wreath or centerpiece.

EASY FLAG CENTERPIECE

WHAT YOU NEED

*styrofoam ball (medium size)
*acrylic/tempera paint & paintbrush (your choice of colors blue or red)
*a ribbon of some sort
*a small type of container (can use a small planter, terra cotta planter for ex)
I have used an old galvanized mini bucket that the handle fell off of!
*American Flags (the ones I have used here are 4" x 6" with small sticks)
medium sized styrofoam ball
Tied on a polka dotted ribbon

HOW TO MAKE

1. Very simply make sure the ball fits into the container snugly and has half round showing above the container.  *This project will be used inside of a garage on a table so it will not be exposed to the elements in any way. If used outside on a patio table, put pea gravel, marbles or decorative type stones in the container to make it heavier.

*CRAFTING & DECORATING TIP: Always shop your home! Containers such as low vases, bowls, teapots, and large mugs or boxes can be used in a project like this.

2. I preplanned where I wanted to put the flags so I actually inserted flags into the styrofoam ball to make sure where I wanted them. (BTW, this styrofoam ball was used in another project previous to this so it had indents in it already)😃
planning where to put flags

3. Paint styrofoam ball. Let dry.  If this is not permanent, no need to glue if it fits snuggly.
crimson red acrylic paint
Painted ball (see holes?)

4. Insert flags. (remember to put one directly in the center at the highest point of the styrofoam ball or if you have a larger flag use that for the center. That's it! 


5. You can put a ribbon around the base of your container or tie one onto the center flag. *Also mine was missing the container handle, I simply tied a ribbon on where the handle holes were, then tied a ribbon around the center. I flipped to the front of the container. I also did tie a bow around the center flag as well.  Another idea is to add some flashy tinsel from Christmas/or foil filler for gift bags in the center or the ball.

This project is easy and takes only as long as the paint dries. (about 20 minutes in no humidity)
finished project
I put it in a basket 
I hope you liked this easy craft.  Let me know if you make one and upload the picture in the comments if you do!

Have a happy and safe 4th of July.


~Always remember that you are limitless in your creativity~






Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on dermapigmentation. Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece