Skeleton Bride Door Wreath

Last minute Quickie decor change for my door.  I'm upcycling a really really old grapevine, that in its previous 100 other lives was so many other wreaths, this time was once a spring candle ring, I used it with two candles in the middle on a tablescape and it was really pretty.
Spring wreath going Halloween
Nothing in my house is EVER permanent, I try to find ways in which to recycle and be able to use even the smallest of things into something else. These flowers were stripped off and the wreath (14") is bare, (it once was brown but I spray painted it white for spring use)

Bare wreath (I see that the vines are starting to become loose I will need the glue gun.
Here are the supplies I'm using total cost  $5.25 (all items on sale)
1 simple bunch of black flowers, 2 bunches of black carnations with glitter on them, 2 fronds of purple glittered stems, one bow marked down to $2.00, a total find! and one skeleton bride. I simply began by cutting all of the bunches up and making them single flowers and stems.

Wanting to extend the size of this wreath as it is too small for my door size, I cut these apart and then stuck them in each side, sorry this picture is quite blurry~.
I wanted to offset the bow so I turned the wreath a bit to the left as I worked, simply just sticking stems here and there after weaving in the bow and then attaching it with the twisty in back.
I continued to add them around filling in spots and turning over the wreath to the backside and hot gluing a stem when I thought it would not stay in place.
It looked really good, but still, I thought not scary enough and too little and finally, I have a black door and so as I hung a ghoul, (another Halloween decor piece) up in one of my trees I simply snipped off several pieces of the hanging netting that is on the piece and tied it onto the back of the wreath.
thinking out of the box
Here's my final product! P.S. I tied the plastic skeleton on with twine. This was easy and it took all of about 15 minutes to put together. I hope you were inspired to make an upcycled wreath of your own!

Comments

  1. Hi Anonymous one, Well, here is Blogspot, it is however, not as user friendly and is harder to put up things like "buttons" for example, on the other hand Worpress has so many options even for free sites, I have several Wordpress sites for other types of writing that I use and enjoy. There are a lot of other platforms you could persue such as tumblr, Weebly, Squarespace, and Live Journal. Wordpress is a stand out, but it all depends on what you want and need. Hope this helped! Thanks again for reading and you keep that up! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing such things, thus I am
    going to tell her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's truly awesome! Good Luck in the blogging world. If you do start one please make sure to let me know so I can follow! Have a great day. Mary

      Delete
  3. Absolutely! I love to have company here! Please privately email me to beautyisabeast13@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece