Valentine's Day Wall Art

I have a project that is easy and you can put your personal spin on it! I love doing projects that are easy, and relatively cost-effective.

This quick project can easily be used as a gift to give or can be put on your wall in your own home.  I have seen these types of wall art in stores and they are very costly. 

What I did was go to my local craft store and purchased anything I did not already have.
For this wall art, I wanted to go "neutral" in color. 

For my Valentines Day  wall art, I used these things:

8"x 10" white canvas
1 package of paper flowers ( approx. 3.99)
1 package small wooden letters (approx. 1.99) optional
White glue
acrylic paints    (chose to mix a light blue and white together) (and did bright yellow on the sides)


Directions:

Step 1: Paint canvas  (you can choose the color, and be patient let it dry, can also use watercolors it may dry a little faster)





Just painted


Step 2: Plan the way you want your flowers first! Do not glue anything unless you are ready! The flowers I bought came in slightly different sizes, so I used the bigger of the sizes to be an anchor. *You can lightly sketch a heart with a pencil, I just "eyed" it. Once you are happy with your design, you can begin your gluing.




Plan it out

Step 3: I thought the word Love was pretty in the middle, it looked neutral and minimal and slightly classy. Use a ruler as a guide so the letters are not crooked, then glue on.

I have seen art like this, completely filled in the center with just the flowers and no word in the center at all and it was just gorgeous. It's up to you.  




Plan and glue the letters, let dry.

Step 4: The finished product.







How cute!

Artful tips: You can use a hair dryer to help dry paint
                   Can use other objects: like buttons, tiny bows, found objects etc.
                   Can be framed. *I think this would look beautiful in a rustic frame under glass.

Shopping tip: Always search for coupons before going to the craft store online, and pre-plan your projects so that you won't impulse buy, you'll spend too much money. *If you're like me I put blinders on and go directly to the aisle that my project items are in! 
               
Have fun making art for your home or to give! 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimethicone: Chemical Gets A Bad Rap

Deadliest Record-Breaking Cold Weather Is Dangerous

Magnolias In My Kitchen Very Simple Flower Centerpiece